BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Where to start??

So I think that it has been even longer since I have posted anything (I seem to say that a lot). To tell the truth I have been a bit depressed. This last semester has been the hardest so far, but I made it through and passed all of my classes. Woot! I have a class that I am really not looking forward to this semester but sigh what can I say. You do what you gotta do.


This Christmas was crazy. I was supposed to spend it with Lex and Barlow but no joy. We had a snow storm that was insane. We got over 3 feet of snow and there was no way in heck we would make it. Instead I made gingerbread cookies and ended up having enough for all the kids that showed up to school to decorate one. I went to my in-laws for Christmas and that was as crazy as usual ;-)

We have ripped out our old fireplace insert and have just the old stone fireplace and it rocks, even though it is messy.

I got to spend New Years at Lex's place with her, Barlow and his parents. Lee didn't get to go because he had to work. I had a lot of fun and got to see some awsome places. I have to say that they live in a beautiful place.

Sorry this is kinda random but I'm trying to remember a lot of things at once. lol.

The thing that has taken me most by surprise is how much I missed dad for Christmas. It was one of his least favorite holidays but it feels so wrong not having him here any more. After all of these months I still can't really believe it. I try not to let the loss consume my thoughts but at times it is all I can do to keep from crying. I look at the testimony that he carved into one of his pots and miss him even more. I regret the times when I could have spent more time with him and every moment that I ever got annoyed with him. Dad and I usually got along and I loved every moment that I spent with him, but those few that were different are things that I regret so much now. I wonder if we will ever understand the hole that we leave in other's lives when we are gone. What has been surprising is the amount of people who I have never met before telling me how much they miss my dad. Sometimes I wonder if I really knew my dad, but at the same time I think you can spend most of your life with someone and still not know everything about them.

0 comments: