BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 4, 2009

1st Try

Ok here it goes. My fist ever blog! Hmmm. Well as I have been asked to give this a try here it goes! Ready or not.

Well I’m here in wonderful Logan wishing I was home. It really doesn’t have much to do with Logan itself really it’s more the living 260 some odd miles from my husband. Plus I really don’t have too many friends here but (shrug)… My areas of study are Anthropology, Linguistics, German and Museum Studies. It all sounds a lot more impressive than it really is. I’m standing on the precipice of a new semester and I’m not too sure about what to think. Last semester… well it sucked, but I have hopes that this one will be better and if not I only have 4 more to go :-/...hmm maybe I shouldn’t be so cheery.

One thing that I do have to say is that I do like my apartment save for the fact that I have a door that is sealed shut and leads into my neighbors’ apartment and well I wish I did not have to hear some of their activities (if you get my drift) luckily they invented noise canceling headphone… Now if I could just afford a set I would be sailin’.

All in all I like my apartment. It’s only four something a month and that includes utilities and Du du du du! :-0 Shag carpet! Yes that’s right we are talkin’ vintage shag burnt orange and everything. Ohhh yeah! Groovy. I have one window that gives an outstanding view of the parking lot (no hot cars though). As a bonus I have a demonic stove that goes from icy cold to atomic in ten seconds flat. I also have my very own bathroom (which is key) and is a good thing cuz well I live alone. Plus I have nothing to steal so the whole alone thing isn’t too bad. The lack of pricey stuff I think has to do with the whole married only two years and I’m still going to college. So yeah ‘Welcome to Brokevill! Population… Me.’

The whole groovy apartment thing lead to a new book idea that I am having fun with. I have been working on another one for 8 years. Yeah that’s right 8 and I’m still not done and I have a mega writer’s block… again, but some day I shall publish! (I think).

Any who I start a brand spankin’ new semester at wonderful USU tomorrow and.... :-( and well…. We’ll see how it goes.

1 comments:

Lex-a-roo said...

Hurray you've joined the blogging world. Hearing the neighbors activities? Ugh... that would be too much for me but you've always been more patient than I.